• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'' Violated the signal ''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturdjos

Whenever I pass a caution / double caution / caution and clear signal aspect, I get a 'violated the signal' message....... why's this?

Is there a particular speed limit while going through that signal, or something?

It's on the Hammerwich > Wood Green route, btw

Joe

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

I believe double yellow is about 100mph and single 60-70mph but Im not really sure.

Not really a set speed, more to do with your route knowledge. Shouldn't exceed notch 1 on 170, 158, 323, 156. Give you a general idea. If you're doing 100 for example in a 170 its best to put it into notch 1 as soon as you see the double yellow. If doing over 100 in the HST put it into notch 3 and brake accordingly from there. Same in voyager.

Sturdjos

OK, thanks, but why does it say ''violated the signal'', when i pass them?

Jim

Established Member
Sturdjos said:
OK, thanks, but why does it say ''violated the signal'', when i pass them?
BVE 2 has a set speed of 35MPH when you pass a signal at yellow (or double) meaning you will get this message, 1 of the flaws of BVE 2 IIRc

Dennis

Established Member
I thought that the route.signal command set the speed limits for the signals; above the set speeds the 'violated the signal' warning is displayed. Not 100% sure on this mind - if anyone else knows better please enlighten me!

Status
Not open for further replies.