• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin 1st advance fares not available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Every weekend for the next month or so, there seem to be no 1st class Advance fares from Euston to Piccadilly. Maybe buying a standard advance for £36 + £15 upgrade it'll be slightly cheaper than the £56 1st off-peak.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Either they're sold out on the trains you're looking at, or there are engineering works on those weekends so advances have been withdrawn.

All Line Rover

Established Member
I've noticed that they're not appearing on the Virgin Trains website, but they're appearing on every other website I use.

crehld

Established Member
I've noticed that they're not appearing on the Virgin Trains website, but they're appearing on every other website I use.

This does not just seem to be confined to first class advances. I tried booking a number of journeys last week on the Virgin site wanting to make use of the seat selector. It would only offer me off peak returns / singles, despite advances for the same trains being available on other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.