• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin 'bombadier' at Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancaster

Hi

this is my 1st post.

I'm currently at Preston train station and there's a virgin 'bombadier' super voyager parked & shutdown at the end of platform 6. I'm not sure how long it's been there but I've been here for 40 minutes and it was here when I arrived.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about it? Has it broken down or just waiting to be used later on?

Any info would be gratefully received.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Welcome to the Forum Lancaster :)

It appears this train was on 1S60 1220 Birmingham New Street to Edinburgh. It left Birmingham 20mins late, and got to Wigan N Western 32 late, and lost around 50mins in between Wigan and Preston. Reason given : Train Fault

So it appears Virgin cancelled the service at Preston 85 late.

It may be waiting at Preston for it's return working later on this evening.

Lancaster

Thanks for the info, sonic 2009.

I'm looking forward to taking a more active role in discussions now.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks for the info, sonic 2009.

Thank you for the welcome as well
I'm looking forward to taking a more active role in discussions now.

VTPreston_Tez

If it waited shouldn't it be diverted to Platform 7? That's what TPE do when 4c's taken. (185 109 on 31st December, caught on camera!)

Lancaster

Apologies it must have been platform 7, as there's the 17.56 virgin pendolino to London Euston arriving at platform 6.

I was near WHSmiths so it was quite hard to see which platform it was at.

dk1

Veteran Member
The return working 16.52 ex-Edb is now shown as starting Carlisle 18.07. Perhaps it went ECS or another Voyager was detatched from a Northbound working.

VTPreston_Tez

Very unlikely, but worth checking.
EDIT:19:58 PRE-EUS. It may be a Voyager due to unforseen circumstances?

Last edited:

Geezertronic

Established Member
Very unlikely, but worth checking.
EDIT:19:58 PRE-EUS. It may be a Voyager due to unforseen circumstances?

It very well may be a Super Voyager but a VT one at that. No reason why any other operator would run a service for someone else unless there are extreme circumstances which require it (i.e. the WCML South derailment which saw VT and 390s running what some would describe as a local service south of the incident)

driver9000

Established Member
1S60 ran into difficulty this afternoon just north of Wigan and terminated at Preston.

Status
Not open for further replies.