• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
If you apply for compensation through the Virgin website

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/contact/

you can provide your booking reference and attach a scan of your ticket, but there is nowhere to put your address in. How do they give you your compensation? Do they give you a promotional code voucher or do they come back to you and ask for your address so they can post RTVs?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If you apply for compensation through the Virgin website

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/contact/

you can provide your booking reference and attach a scan of your ticket, but there is nowhere to put your address in. How do they give you your compensation? Do they give you a promotional code voucher or do they come back to you and ask for your address so they can post RTVs?

They will usually ask for your address if you haven't provided it in the body of the text. Virgin will send out physical vouchers in the vast majority of cases.

mullin

How long by post do Virgin usually take to respond? I've submitted two forms 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything back...?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
How long by post do Virgin usually take to respond? I've submitted two forms 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything back...?

I think Virgin are going through a busy period at the moment with contacts to Customer Services.

My last one took six weeks to resolve, and that was only two months back.

mullin

Oops, forgot to say - it was by post. Shall give them another few weeks before I start chasing it up then :)

BrownE

One month is their target response time.

We will reply within ten working days and respond in full
within one month.

Reply, in the context of Virgin means asking for more information or just acknowledging receipt of your request.

Butts

Veteran Member
On the two occasions I have had cause to complain it takes a few weeks to sort out.

You normally get a confirmation they have received the complaint. They then ask for your address and ticket if not forwarded with the original material.

Chances are you will get a £15 Rail Voucher - thats what I have received the last couple of times.

1. Lack of 2 drinks at once being offered on trolley run in 1st Class

2. Lack of decent service on a Saturday in 1st Class.

mullin

Had a little surprise in the post today - pretty much spot on a 4 week turn around at the moment. A delay of 62 minutes and I've received 2 x £25 vouchers for the delay. Totally surprised and really impressed!
2nd delay form has been sent off due to a broken down train last week, so as long as Virgin don't drift over a 5 week turn around I'll be spending them all quite soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.