• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin EUS-MAN Jun 29th, cannot book seats, any class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo

Morning, just looking for a bit of clarification on what might be going on with seat reservations:

trying to book 1500 EUS - MAN 29th June. Tickets are available, off peak std, and anytime and anytime first. I'm able to book standard £37 one-way, but unable to reserve a seat.

I'm also able to book first class, but also unable to book a first class seat, which seems very weird.

Looking to come back on 1st July - no seat reservations available either.

Two questions: Am I trying to book too far in advance, and the seat reservations are not yet available? Bookinghorizons suggests they *would* be available to reserve (going by the last time that page was updated - 23rd March => 22nd June, so now it's 2nd April, I'm assuming I could reserve up til 1st July).

Tickets for 29th June would only have gone on sale as of this weekend - should I just assume that every reservation possible on this15:00 train has been sold out already?

Supplementary question:
I've just had to book tickets without a seat, near 3 months in advance... Is it possible to get a seat reservation after making a booking, should reservations become available?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

philjo

Established Member
I don't think the bookings are open for those dates so the advance tickets would not be released yet.
East Coast are currently booking until Friday 22 June - I would expect Virgin to be booking to around the same dates at the moment.

Optimo

Thanks all.

Dvboy, does that mean that it'll be next week before my dates are available to book, or is it not as clear-cut as that?
When do Advance tickets normally go on sale?

Will I be able to add a seat reservation after the fact once reservations become available on my current OffPeak booking?

Thanks very much, info is much appreciated.

island

Veteran Member
You can get a seat reservation at a station on presenting your ticket. You might also be able to do it over the phone. I don't think it can be done online.

Status
Not open for further replies.