• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin first class lounge at Glasgow: Worth visiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdrennan

Can anyone advise what the 1st class lounge facilities contain in Glasgow.
I am curious as I have a ticket and wonder if it is worth turning up a little early instead of my usual last minute rush

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Can anyone advise what the 1st class lounge facilities contain in Glasgow.
I am curious as I have a ticket and wonder if it is worth turning up a little early instead of my usual last minute rush
Don't get too excited, it's just a partitioned off section of the ticket office. A few tables and chairs and a coffee machine if memory serves, I've only ever used it once and haven't bothered since.

More comfortable and quieter than a bench on the concourse is about as far as I'd go in recommending it.

Polarbear

Established Member
The one time I used the !st lounge at Glasgow Central, the host managed to find me a complementary bottle of beer! :D

I agree it's nothing to write home about, and i'ts certainly not peaceful given that you're essentially in a corner of a busy ticket office. It does however give you chance to sit down & relax a little before your journey.

Pyreneenguy

I last used it in December whilst on a day trip from Liverpool. Sure, it's "nothing to write home about" given it's situation but it was clean, relatively quiet and well stocked with drinks and snacks. I took a few items with me to compliment the rather frugal offerings on our return journey, Virgin First class catering was a bit limited over the Xmas break.

Last edited:

anti-pacer

Established Member
What menu is applicable on the 1049 Crewe-Bangor (ex-Euston), and also the 1320 Bangor-Euston, and if so what alcoholic beverages are available?

Also, what's the lounge like in Crewe?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.