• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin First Class service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengolding

Since the VHF timetable was introduced, Virgin have made big changes to their FC menu. The so-called breakfast (you should see their Great British offering!) is still served but now until 10am. After that, a Light Bites is offered, which is basically a choice of 2 sandwiches (rotating every week) and a muffin. On a few evening services, there is a minimal hot food option. Gone is the superb Pendolino Primo service.

What do others think of this change?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

martyn29

Hello, I went in Virgin 1st class to Liverpool last week. The breakfast was OK.. but I thought it was small!

metrocammel

Primo's were indeed very good, and although I haven't tried the VHF 'evening meals' yet, looking at the menu, they seem rather poor in comparison.

As for the 'in between meals' First Class VHF service, I am not particularly impressed. It is very 'portion controlled' now, and seems environmentally unfriendly, as your sandwiches are now served in a paper & vinyl bag, whereas before they were served to you individually (meaning, if you asked nicely, and the train was lightly loaded, you could usually get at least one extra triangle sandwich- whereas it would be plain greedy to ask for two of the 'sandwich portion' bags!

Thankfully, they haven't messed around with the drinks, and they still do cans of London Pride (It's the closest thing to anything 'Real' on a Pendolino!). It's also quite funny that they have reverted back to using the old InterCity metal tea/ coffee pots, instead of the blue plastic ones that came into use when Pendo's were first introduced (I believe they were always leaking!)

Established Member
i remember going first class before the VHF and it was great, ive been `st class once since the VHF timetable and when i arrived there was no Cup or anything like that at my table and it took them ages to bring the drinks over usually ive had it and drank it before the tunnel between Birmingham nternational and coventry but instead i had to leave half my drink because of this,

Ive also noticed that theve made a few changes to there lounges too!

Status
Not open for further replies.