• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin First lounge at Euston, Drinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

38Cto15E

If travelling First class on the Caledonian sleeper, I understand you can access the Virgin trains First class lounge at Euston before the train departs.

Are any complimentary alcoholic drinks available, or even drinks available for purchase, or does one have to go next door to the Britannia?
TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Yes correct you can access the lounge if travelling First.

Alcoholic drinks are available for purchase. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

stut

Established Member
You can, but remember that, if you're taking the Lowland sleeper, the lounge closes at 11pm.

sonic2009

Established Member
Lowland sleeper is usually announced just before the lounge closes.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ascot

Established Member
You have to pay for drinks. £3 a glass or £2.50 a shot. In the fares section of the forum is a lounge guide which may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKB

You have to pay for drinks. £3 a glass or £2.50 a shot. In the fares section of the forum is a lounge guide which may help.

Unless you have a Traveller card, in which case they're free for you and one guest within 2 hours of your train time.

The bolded bit is a new restriction.

calc7

Established Member
Unless you have a Traveller card, in which case they're free for you and one guest within 2 hours of your train time.

The bolded bit is a new restriction.

And indeed documentation showing the departure of your train will be requested by the host.

Ascot

Established Member
And indeed documentation showing the departure of your train will be requested by the host.

Yes that's a downer on the system with restrictions but stops people buying a single to Milton Keynes then drinking their own bodyweight all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38Cto15E

Thanks very much to you all for the input, not quite Virgin clubhouse standard then. :)

Poggs

Yes that's a downer on the system with restrictions but stops people buying a single to Milton Keynes then drinking their own bodyweight all day

If you'd ever been to Milton Keynes, you'd understand why they might want to do this.

stuart

The lobby and bar of the IBIS hotel (just over the road from the west side entrance of Euston) is a far more welcoming and restful place to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.