• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin FO reliefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
Now that Virgin has shuffled the pack for the usual after peak mass exodus from London on friday evenings a couple of things confuse me.

18.46 Preston - This train is now formed of a 221 but i notice it still retains the slow amble North with Pretendolino timings. Is this just down to fast line paths? I presume as set-down only it could achieve a very early arrival if lucky enough to get a run.

18.57 Manchester - Now i know this train does not provide 1st class service & calls only at Crewe, but it is not booked into Piccadilly until 21.17. The following 19.00 will get you in at 21.07. If booking advance tickets will the system direct you to this service? Suppose Virgin staff will try to persuede as many non reservedpassengers as possible to use this train for a more comfortable journey.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomJ93

On the subject of these I'm currenty sat on WB64 and first is rammed with MK passengers! Hardly a seat to be had.

dk1

Veteran Member
On the subject of these I'm currenty sat on WB64 and first is rammed with MK passengers! Hardly a seat to be had.

18.43 was wedged last time i used it on a Pendo. Should be ok after 19.15ish.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Everyone makes a dash for the 1857 - FC freely available without paying through the nose, and they all think "one stop - it must get there sooner". It can go anyway it likes to Crewe depending on what the Driver needs refreshing on, its booked straight up to Crewe then Stockport, but can go via Alsager and via Styal if necessary.

dk1

Veteran Member
Friday 4th March

18.46 got delayed & was 12 down leaving Stafford, it got a decent run clawing back minutes here & there & arrived Preston 3 early at 21.46.

18.57 arrived Piccadilly right time at 21.17.

Status
Not open for further replies.