• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin getting desparate for trains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like there has been very low voyager availability today as the HST hire-in has been running and so has the Class 90 to Manchester but most unusual has been the hiring of a 150 of FGW to run a service from Bristol to Paignton

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
My lordzz i should have seen the 150. Not quite that desperate though. Poor passengers! At least do them justice and gice them a 158.

class 313

Established Member
150s aint bad! nice comfy seats :D but not as good as 158s i know :(

Its probably due to the voyagers failing so much

Dennis

Established Member
It was actually a trial run to check the suitability of these units for operation with the new x-country franchise so that Voaygers can be released for work elsewhere :mad: :munky2:

devon_metro

Established Member
What! That's appauling. Virgin are a cross country operator. Not a 75mph crap trains operator.

theblackwatch

Established Member
What! That's appauling. Virgin are a cross country operator. Not a 75mph crap trains operator.

But surely in the event of the TOC's own train being not available, it is better to provide some train - even if it is of inferior quality - when the other option is to cancel the service completely.

Incidentally, using stock like this is not a new thing, as I remember in the early 90s when a Class 142 worked a Newcastle-Liverpool service!

Ascot

Established Member
That's not the only thing Virgin are desperate for. There's probably going to talk through their behinds just so i can part fund for a new Virmin, wait till court time. Hey i wanna re-name it!

Dennis

Established Member

I was was joking...

On the other hand, with DfT trying to specify franchises, who knows!

metrocammel

They musn't be that desparate as the 90 on the Brum-Mcr has NOT produced today. It has been a mixed bag though in the last couple of days, with 57+mk2+dvt, 57+dvt+mk2+90, then yesterday 90031+dvt+mk2+90034!! But today plastic apparently.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Apparently the 90 was out today with a 90 and DVT and will also be out tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.