• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Ticket Machines Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Was playing about on the VTWC ticket machines and i it said off peak ticket valid after 0515 , this was a weekday ! Thought it was after 915am ! I clicked with railcard . Is this wrong ? Was a destination down south!
On a separate note the lady at the scotrail ticket desk told me its 1015 and after when i asked for an off peak return , thought it was 915 !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Was playing about on the VTWC ticket machines and i it said off peak ticket valid after 0515 , this was a weekday ! Thought it was after 915am ! I clicked with railcard . Is this wrong ? Was a destination down south!
On a separate note the lady at the scotrail ticket desk told me its 1015 and after when i asked for an off peak return , thought it was 915 !
Sounds about right for VTWC trains heading to Milton Keynes or southward, have a look at the Off-Peak restrictions. The 0428 departure beats the morning peak, but the 0540 doesn't.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member

Heh. There's a fares simplification thread running now if you'd like to chip in. ;)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I wonder how much the OP would need to pay to travel if this fare was simplified?

Status
Not open for further replies.