• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Train East Coast Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andrew32

Can anyone shed light on maximum distance from depot requiments?

Qualified Guard atm but live over an hour away from Leeds, even better, if someone could pm me in regards to shift patterns etc it would be greatly appreciated.

Don't want to apply if I'm outside the required traveling limits.

Last edited:

Suraggu

How about KX managers..how far do they go? Any overnights?

Kings Cross sign as far as Newcastle and Leeds.
They do have an overnight turn IIRC. They work 1N36 22:57 Kings Cross to York, Empty stock 3S02 York 03:10 to Doncaster and get onto another set which comes empty from the Hitachi Depot for 1A00 05:57 York to Kings Cross.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I think they may have others - have caught the 22:00 Kings Cross to Newcastle on a few occasions and the TM (or guard as it was at the time) has always had a noticeably Southern accent compared to the Newcastle catering crew. Possibly works the 04:45 down? This may well have changed I don't know; it was recently though. Both that and the 23:30 to Leeds go via diversionary routes; possibly work as route refreshers? (Not much refreshing that can be done in the dead of night of course; but that's railway logic for you)

ZackCulross

Could be waiting awhile.
I applied for apprentice engineering role over a month ago and application is still processing.
Also same with the train manager one.

NX

Just curious, but does anyone know how competitive TM roles are? Like how many people roughly apply per job?

I shouldn't think there'll be the 15,000 who applied for the trainee driver jobs, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was upwards of 2000 for a handful of jobs.

PudseyBearHST

I shouldn't think there'll be the 15,000 who applied for the trainee driver jobs, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was upwards of 2000 for a handful of jobs.

Thanks mate for your reply. That was what I was thinking... it's very well publicised how competitive trainee driver jobs are and that's why I was wondering how competitive TM roles would be.

NX

Best of luck mate, 14 years I was on the back all bar the last three years I loved it.

Established Member
I think they may have others - have caught the 22:00 Kings Cross to Newcastle on a few occasions and the TM (or guard as it was at the time) has always had a noticeably Southern accent compared to the Newcastle catering crew. Possibly works the 04:45 down? This may well have changed I don't know; it was recently though. Both that and the 23:30 to Leeds go via diversionary routes; possibly work as route refreshers? (Not much refreshing that can be done in the dead of night of course; but that's railway logic for you)

0445 off Newcastle on morning is a NCl Train Manager.

Established Member
Kings Cross sign as far as Newcastle and Leeds.
They do have an overnight turn IIRC. They work 1N36 22:57 Kings Cross to York, Empty stock 3S02 York 03:10 to Doncaster and get onto another set which comes empty from the Hitachi Depot for 1A00 05:57 York to Kings Cross.

0557 York - Kings X? Thats the train from Newcastle at 0445 (York 0558-0600).

Status
Not open for further replies.