• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Train East Coast Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theanalogkid

Whoever stated that they were invited to an assessment day on here for this position ,I think was full of BS!

Spoke to a VTEC Customer Host when I was at work the other evening and she told myself that these positions had been filled internally and they had taken on quite a few.

Being one person who applied for one of these roles I am still awaiting to hear back.i also applied for a role with VTEC on the 1st January and never heard nothing back.

However,this will never never deter myself.

ZackCulross

Whoever stated that they were invited to an assessment day on here for this position ,I think was full of BS!

Spoke to a VTEC Customer Host when I was at work the other evening and she told myself that these positions had been filled internally and they had taken on quite a few.

Being one person who applied for one of these roles I am still awaiting to hear back.i also applied for a role with VTEC on the 1st January and never heard nothing back.

However,this will never never deter myself.

Yes I also think he has not been invited seems a bit sort just after applying
Since we all have been waiting around a month and a half so far with nothing back.

Kaltias

I received an invite to an assessment center for this vacancy last night, so hopefully there will be some movement soon for everyone.

I've withdrawn from the vacancy for other reasons so good luck all!

PudseyBearHST

I received an invite to an assessment center for this vacancy last night, so hopefully there will be some movement soon for everyone.

I've withdrawn from the vacancy for other reasons so good luck all!

Which area were you applying for because they were recruiting at four locations?

PudseyBearHST

I don't think I had to specific on the application as far as I can remember, but if I did it would have been Edinburgh.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that's what I meant- I know you didn't have to specify but assumably they would assign you to a suitable (closest) location. I'm only asking because I'm guessing that they won't be recruiting for all four locations in one go- I would be applying for London Kings Cross so guessing that I (and others) might still have some more waiting to do.

ZackCulross

Thanks for your reply. Sorry that's what I meant- I know you didn't have to specify but assumably they would assign you to a suitable (closest) location. I'm only asking because I'm guessing that they won't be recruiting for all four locations in one go- I would be applying for London Kings Cross so guessing that I (and others) might still have some more waiting to do.

I would be Edinburgh as well, so not keeping my hopes up as it doesn't sound to promising for me

Good luck to all

theanalogkid

Edinburgh,Leeds and Donny would be fine with me.Living in the North.Will be willing to relocate.hope that is not a problem.with my application.

Will always believe until I recieve that email from HR stating that I have been unsuccessful.

ZackCulross

Edinburgh,Leeds and Donny would be fine with me.Living in the North.Will be willing to relocate.hope that is not a problem.with my application.

Will always believe until I recieve that email from HR stating that I have been unsuccessful.
Yeah I suppose so
Fingers crossed

theanalogkid

Still ABSOLUTELY ZERO with regards to this vacancy.Applied on the 17th April too.

VTEC have two talent partners,One who looks after the South Side and one who looks after the North Side.This is true after a friend of mine stated this who works for the company and was completely dumbfounded also.

I sense a bit of slacking in the VTEC HR department.

MC FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PudseyBearHST

Still ABSOLUTELY ZERO with regards to this vacancy.Applied on the 17th April too.

VTEC have two talent partners,One who looks after the South Side and one who looks after the North Side.This is true after a friend of mine stated this who works for the company and was completely dumbfounded also.

I sense a bit of slacking in the VTEC HR department.

MC FLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I don't understand is why didn't they first recruit internally, then if they still had positions available, offer it externally. Its clear from earlier posts that they are giving an opportunity to internals before looking at externals- which I have no problem with but would make sense to not offer it externally until they know for certain how many, if any, TMs they will still need. Also quite disappointed with the lack of communication- I applied for a tube driver as well with London Underground and even though I still don't know whether I will progress to the next stage (applied 29th March), they have kept me informed periodically.

Last edited:

PudseyBearHST

Also I'm assuming they haven't looked at my application yet at all but I think I may actually live a few minutes out of the 45 minute limit from Kings Cross. I would be extremely disappointed if after this long they sent a rejection saying I live too far lol

PudseyBearHST

Have they changed there website

Just checked now and yes they have. Didn't see anything wrong with the old one if I had to be honest.

Ive tried to login to my account on this new website and it won't let me. It keeps saying it doesn't recognise my email address which is extremely annoying :(

Last edited:

ZackCulross

Just checked now and yes they have. Didn't see anything wrong with the old one if I had to be honest.

Ive tried to login to my account on this new website and it won't let me. It keeps saying it doesn't recognise my email address which is extremely annoying :(

Yes extremely annoying
Hopefully it doesn't mean they have deleted the application, as it seems I don't have an account now.

OneTrackMind

Had an email today inviting me to an assessment centre in York, next Monday, 10th July.

They've got to be having a laugh, right? 2 months to get back to people then give them 3 days notice for asssessments. The day will only be two hours long as well!

PudseyBearHST

Had an email today inviting me to an assessment centre in York, next Monday, 10th July.

They've got to be having a laugh, right? 2 months to get back to people then give them 3 days notice for asssessments. The day will only be two hours long as well!

Yes I'm surprised as well. Actually nearing almost 3 months since I submitted the application.

Which area are you applying for? (I know they didn't ask you were assumably they would allocate you the closest/suitable location)

And Best of Luck in your Assessments day :)

PudseyBearHST

How did the assessment day go?

PudseyBearHST

Still heard nowt yet.

Just had an email at 18:01 today (yes, I too was surprised that we got an email on a Saturday). It was just a generic email saying they haven't forgot about us. Here it is:

Hello

I hope you’re well.

Following on from our last update, I just wanted to put your mind at rest that we haven’t forgotten about you!

We are going to be actively recruiting again soon for Train Managers across the route, so then be reviewing all applications and getting in touch with all candidates.

We really appreciate your patience!

Kind regards
The Talent Team

theanalogkid

Out on a stag do in NCL right now.Suddenly after applying for this vacancy on the 17th April I get a reply with regards to this vacancy also from RW.We have not been forgotten about,blah blah blah blah.

Mental!

Status
Not open for further replies.