• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Train London to Glasgow 1st class service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

I am booked on the Virgin 18.00 service from Tamworth to Glasgow, which I booked 1st class when Virgin had the sale a few months back.
Now I know when I have caught the same train from London Euston (16.57) to Tamworth that I have had an excellent meal with wine in 1st class.
My question is does the same service continue after Tamworth?
Hopefully it does and I can enjoy a meal + wine all the way to Glasgow ! Somehow I think the service stops at some point!
Many thanks for any information on this.
John.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Hopefully you get the full service ! Ive boarded at Preston going North and they have not had much on offer !

jrh2254

Thanks for your replies. Hopefully the chances are I will get the full meal + drinks. I will let you know.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Way exceeded my expectations on this peak time service from London Euston 16.57) to Glasgow on Friday evening. We had great service :Di Full evening menu of meals with cheese and biscuits. Couple of glasses of wine , couple of Becks (275ml bottles) , lovely pale ale cans (330ml). The train staff were superb giving excellent service.
A highly recommended virgin service.
Well done virgin staff. Absolutely faultless from train manager to the staff.
My wife even commented on the sweet smelling toilets as we were about an hour from Glasgow !
If only all train companies were this good ..

Status
Not open for further replies.