• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Train refund query

Status
Not open for further replies.

mullin

Potential for a stupid question, but here goes....

If a delay to a Virgin train causes an hour or more delay to your journey...we will reimburse you with National Rail vouchers equal to 25% of the total fare paid for the affected portion (outward/return) of the journey.

I've had a walk up ticket (off peak return) from Parbold to Balloch for £49.10 (16-25 discounted), a delay of >1 hour is a 25% refund. As the affected leg was the outbound journey, there is no 'off peak single' fare that I can find, only a Anytime Single of £43.90.

Would I be due 25% of the £43.90 (~£11) despite it being an Anytime ticket or would the Off Peak Return (£49.10) be classed as £24.55 for each leg of the journey, and I should prepare myself for receiving ~£6 back in return for the delay of the train breaking down...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Generally speaking, each leg is worth half the return fare, not the single fare, although occasionally it might differ.

If you bought a single ticket, then the whole amount will be taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.