• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains 1st Class Lounge Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthamptonMat

There have been many discussions on here about the policy on the 1st class lounges and the cheapest tickets to get in to each. I'm going to Crewe soon and would like to purchase one but the prices starting or ending at Crewe are too high to be worth it. However, I cannot see anywhere that you have to have a ticket for that station to go into the lounge. The description says "All you need to do to get into our First Class lounges is show a valid Virgin Trains ticket – either Virgin Business, First Anytime or Advance First. For up to two hours before your outward journey, and up to one hour after you arrive, just make yourself at home (within reason, please)." - no mention of it being valid for any particular station.

Has anyone tried to get into another lounge with a ticket between Coventry to Birmingham International for example?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
A ticket not valid at that location is not a valid ticket for entry. You need a ticket for a journey valid at Crewe.

As an exception to normal rules for Virgin lounges, you do not specifically need a ticket valid on Virgin Trains, due to the lounge being part-funded by the local authority, so a single to somewhere like Alsager will suffice.

Deafdoggie

Established Member
Crewe are fairly flexible, but it does need to be valid at Crewe! I'm not a huge fan of the crewe lounge, no windows (that you can see out of) and a long way to the platforms. I preferred Stoke, but alas that is no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.