• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It seems their main selling point is the Pendolino trains, rather than what passengers really want:-
- Reliability
- Be on time
- Affordable fares

I've got nothing against the adverts, but I am not sure now is the right time!

IMO they should have waited until the WCML is fully modernised (Crewe-Glasgow, and the Trent Valley line are closed on many weekends this Summer) and the problems with Pendolions are fully resolved.

jd

Is that supposed to be audio only or is it just my computer, Craig?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
jdan said:
Is that supposed to be audio only or is it just my computer, Craig?
it's your computer.

Also Media Player plays it upside down for me! Another program plays it fine though.

Guinness

Established Member
I'm using Winamp and it just plays audio only (80s version).

Back to Virgin ad - Pendolino or not it will bring some business to the trains away from the crowded Airspace.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I still find it ironic having watched that advert a second time, when that sailor chap says "comfy?" (I started shouting at the telly, no i was not damn comfy!) my point of view but... there we go!

Guinness

Established Member
Proberly slightly more comfortable than in old 3rd Class wooden seating :P.

Andrew

Well I really like the advert, as a piece of media. Perhaps though, as already said, not the best timing, or advertising the best trains.

jd

It's certainly well made, and a very difficult thing to do well... However it cost a lot of money, which I think most people would say could've been spent better elsewhere...

Andrew

If Virgin isn't actually running itself (it's something to do with the SRA basically controlling it's costs I think) then how did it manage to do an advertising campaign which cost a lot. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.