• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains careers page updated 29/10/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Evening

I've just noticed today that Virgin Trains have advertised several management jobs on their careers page. Given that they have only six weeks left before handing over the reins to First Trenitalia it would appear the wheels have been set in motion for the change over.

I kind of get the feeling that some of the existing bosses for Virgin are potentially having to apply for their own jobs but under employment law the vacancies are being advertised to attract other applicants.

Grand Central recently advertised several management roles prior to them advertising the operational roles so maybe Virgin will do this over the coming weeks. There's no actual careers site yet for First Trenitalia so I would assume this will only be launched in December.

Definately worth monitoring for anyone seeking careers on the railways.

C J

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dav1d

Evening

I've just noticed today that Virgin Trains have advertised several management jobs on their careers page. Given that they have only six weeks left before handing over the reins to First Trenitalia it would appear the wheels have been set in motion for the change over.

I kind of get the feeling that some of the existing bosses for Virgin are potentially having to apply for their own jobs but under employment law the vacancies are being advertised to attract other applicants.

Grand Central recently advertised several management roles prior to them advertising the operational roles so maybe Virgin will do this over the coming weeks. There's no actual careers site yet for First Trenitalia so I would assume this will only be launched in December.

C J

https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/find/results/

Red1980

Evening

C J

No.

A lot of management actually left the business a few weeks ago, nothing to do with people having to apply again for their positions.

Red.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Regarding the First Trenitalia site - I went on the main First Group site anyway yesterday to browse anything TransPennine Express have on offer. I'm not 100% sure how to weed out any of the potential new First Trenitalia jobs. I normally click on the region portal for the 'North' but this tends to throw up everything including all the bus jobs aswell.

C J

Status
Not open for further replies.