• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Virgin Trains] Class 57 + MK3 gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrocammel

More Virgin Mk3's for North Wales -

1D25 1716 Euston - Holyhead 390 to Crewe for 57301 & 573xx forward top &
tail on Mk3 set to Bangor (terminating due to flooding at Gaerwen).

Wednesday 9th Nov

1R18 0532 Holyhead - Euston starts Bangor with Mk3 set - swap to 390 at
Crewe. -
So anyone who fancies some heads out on the NW Coast, you need to get up early tommorow!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

I find it Appauling that a full Train of passengers will have to change trains on a Normally Direct Service

Why cant Virgin operate 57 + 390?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Might not be able to turn the loco around?
Alstom threatened to withdraw the "warranty" if coupling of 390s & Pendolinos wasn't stopped.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Mojo said:
Might not be able to turn the loco around?
Alstom threatened to withdraw the "warranty" if coupling of 390s & Pendolinos wasn't stopped.

Is this actually true about the warranty? As drags have been happening regularly for engineering works.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It was suggested that Alstom were unhappy about it happenning daily with the Holyhead services.

metrocammel

158 said:
I find it Appauling that a full Train of passengers will have to change trains on a Normally Direct Service

Why cant Virgin operate 57 + 390?

I think that service isn't going to be the most populated service- (especially from Anglesey/N Wales, as I dont think there are many London commuters up there) but i imagine a few people would get on at Crewe for the south. Also, Im not sure why it was t&t mk3 yesterday/today, (assume knock on effect of Voyager / Pendo failures) but when it happend on Friday 4th, it was because it was going to Llandudno, which has no run - round facilities, so Pendo's can work there, as I dont think you can T & T a pendo- (+ they havent been passed from Llandudno Jcn - Llandudno)

Tomnick

Established Member
I'd assume that it'd be too awkward to run round the set at Bangor, hence the requirement to top & tail the train. Also not sure where they were hoping to stable the train - that could be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.