• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains CSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Hi There,

My Dad's partner is going for a CSA position on board at Glasgow..
Could anyone advise diagrams and shift patterns etc for Glasgow crew
Do they just go to Preston and back or do they tend to go further?

Many Thanks

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

craigybagel

Established Member
Is it a 41 hour position? If so, at Glasgow for 41 hour staff it is (or at least it used to be) all the one link, so a mix of earlies and lates, short days and long days. Short days are Preston or even just Carlisle and back, long days it's all the way down to London, sometimes via Birmingham in one direction as well. Also, there are some trips where they travel as passengers to or from Edinburgh to work trains from there.

It will average 41 hours over the week, mostly over the 5 days Monday to Friday but with some variation (some 4 day weeks, and some weekend work). I could be wrong but I'm sure I heard there was one 3 day week in the link as some of the Glasgow jobs are very long but I've never worked there so can't say for certain.

Earliest start is just after 4 am, with finishes I believe after midnight. However, if you do have to work unsociable hours like them you can park in the station car park for free, the rest of the time it's pay to park or take public transport in.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Thanks for the reply, I think she is going for the 30 hour position to start with

Status
Not open for further replies.