• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains East Coast franchise to end 24 June 2018 and is temporarily re-nationalised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andyh82

Established Member
Virgin branding was better.

Would never happen if Cameron was still PM. May has made a right mess including Brexit but that’s another topic.
I might be wrong but I don’t think the PM has anything to do with the branding of rail franchises...

GrimShady

Established Member
If anyone from LNER is here, can we please have the .ICS files back attached to the booking emails for adding to calendar programs??

Why VTEC stopped sending these illI never know as it was a very useful tool. These days you need to log in and download them which is total crap...plus they don't include the fast ticket collection reference added to the title!

John R

Has to have been the most half arsed rebrand ever! When East Coast changed to Virgin Trains East Coast the EC website went down for a few minutes after midnight and then the VTEC website was up and running. It was the same underlying site and booking engine but the fonts and colours used were all different.
Bear in mind there has been less time for this change than is usually the case, so the focus will have been on ensuring that a working site continues to be available. Substance over style. And given it's taxpayers monies paying for it, I'm glad the changes would appear to being done in an efficient manner. No point having staff working 24/7 at silly money rates to get a completely new website up and running on day 1.

skyhigh

Established Member
Leeds yesterday was showing little LNER branding. Interestingly, the VTEC ticket machines that accept cash have had the note and coin slots taped up with brown parcel tape (which looks terrible). I don't think they were like this before the update to LNER branding, so did that update somehow manage to break the cash function?

Apologies if they've been like that a while and I've just not noticed - those machines have never been particularly reliable, from my observations!

Kieran1990

Leeds yesterday was showing little LNER branding. Interestingly, the VTEC ticket machines that accept cash have had the note and coin slots taped up with brown parcel tape (which looks terrible). I don't think they were like this before the update to LNER branding, so did that update somehow manage to break the cash function?

Apologies if they've been like that a while and I've just not noticed - those machines have never been particularly reliable, from my observations!

Yeah I heard Anne announcing LNER services yesterday at Leeds

Wallsendmag

Established Member

No there’s a much more obvious reason for this

Intercity 225

Did the previous on-board maps show Edinburgh Waverley as well?

I have never understood the rationale behind the official dropping of the name, not just to differentiate from Haymarket but also with the opening of Edinburgh Park.

When did that happen? Definitely a strange move.

skyhigh

Established Member
Needing to know how much is in each machine without counting it at midnight on Saturday
Fair enough, thanks - I assumed there'd be a way to turn off the cash function without resorting to tape! (That's not a criticism of you guys by the way, I know you do the best with what you've got to work with).

londonmidland

Established Member
Just got greeted with this when connecting to ‘LNER-WIFI’

However there is an infinite loop of redirecting to this page after entering your email address and agreeing to T&C’s. So you can get no further than this page.

Tested on Safari and Google Chrome. 9A5DB3D7-D104-4AE5-B012-7CF2B817956B.png

Just got greeted with this when connecting to ‘LNER-WIFI’

However there is an infinite loop of redirecting to this page after entering your email address and agreeing to T&C’s. So you can get no further than this page.

Tested on Safari and Google Chrome. View attachment 48718

Ayy. There is an issue with the Wi-Fi, which has been logged with icomera. Apparently it's affecting several sets.

TUC

Established Member
SWT did this on their last day too. It's sensible.
Any sensible, customer-focusrd industry would find a wsy that causes minimum inconvrnience to their customers. The TVMs will have recorded ticket sales on Saturday and there will be a reconcilable record, whether on the TVM or through wider IT systems as to how much was paid by card on Saturday, so the balance by cash should be readily calculable.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Any sensible, customer-focusrd industry would find a wsy that causes minimum inconvrnience to their customers. The TVMs will have recorded ticket sales on Saturday and there will be a reconcilable record, whether on the TVM or through wider IT systems as to how much was paid by card on Saturday, so the balance by cash should be readily calculable.
I can't go into it but there are reason as to why that can't be done. This is a normal end of franchise process, I've been through a few now BR-GNER-NXEC-EC-VTEC-LNER.

Status
Not open for further replies.