• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains East Coast launch day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chrism20

Established Member
According to the Red Report they have been designed by Red or Dead.

They do look very smart and very different to the old EC uniforms.

scotsman

Established Member
According to the Red Report they have been designed by Red or Dead.

They do look very smart and very different to the old EC uniforms.

How odd. They are keeping the old EC jackets, suit jackets, wasitcoats, trousers, and shoes. :roll:

Chrism20

Established Member
How odd. They are keeping the old EC jackets, suit jackets, wasitcoats, trousers, and shoes. :roll:

Yes both the press release and the red report are quite clear on what has changed. I was referring to the things they have changed - the shirts ties etc that mean the staff no longer look like they should be scooping ice cream somewhere and are a dramatic improvement.

Also rather than rolling your eyes at what I have written you may wish to take the time to ensure what you are writing yourself is accurate.

The new red hot uniform features fresh micro checked shirts and blouses, bright and bold red ties and scarves, plus waistcoats and jumpers – helping both staff and customers to connect with the Virgin brand.

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I wonder will the final one be more red? My Dad commented once that the red uniforms, while garish, made it easier to identify staff on the platform for assistance, while not looking quite as functional and industrial as the heavy use of hi vis on fGW/GWR.

keppoch69

On Moderation
New uniform for all staff at stations and on board launches this Wednesday
One does hope they are not 100% Polyester, or Viscose. Like the rubbish retail employees wear.

This is just an interim uniform after staff complained that they wanted to have something a little different to what was currently worn until the brand new uniform launches next May.
Also management are very keen to remove all traces of eastcoast.

At the moment then its just new shirts, blouses, tíes, neckscarves, and unbranded jumpers and waistcoats, like i said new uniform is out in May 2016 designed by Wayne Hemmingway

JaJaWa

Established Member
This is just an interim uniform after staff complained that they wanted to have something a little different to what was currently worn until the brand new uniform launches next May.
Also management are very keen to remove all traces of eastcoast.

At the moment then its just new shirts, blouses, tíes, neckscarves, and unbranded jumpers and waistcoats, like i said new uniform is out in May 2016 designed by Wayne Hemmingway

Oh yeah that's what I'd seen:
Shhhhh... we are designing the uniform for Virgin Trains West Coast and Virgin Trains East Coast...watch this space."
http://houseofhemingway.co.uk/hemingway-design/projects/virgin/

Status
Not open for further replies.