• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains Holyhead Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikar

I read somewhere that Virgin has a crew depot in Holyhead. If yes, what do the drivers do? Maybe cl.57 back and forth between Crewe and Holyhead.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
i don't know about Holyhead that much but i do know that Pendolinos don't stay there overnight (i think MK3 can)

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan says that 57+390 stables at Holyhead each night. Might not be the case in the future if Alstom gets their way with Pendolinos + 57s on Holyhead Services.

OTS

1288gaje said:
i don't know about Holyhead that much but i do know that Pendolinos don't stay there overnight

Apart from the one that was there for the best part of a month last September! :D

Guinness

Established Member
Aureol said:
Chaz said:
Might not be the case in the future if Alstom gets their way with Pendolinos + 57s on Holyhead Services.
Why's that then? Don't they like the idea of Pendos being dragged all the way from Crewe to Holyhead or something? :?

That's basicly it. Or as Mojo said in another thread, Alstom pulls Pendolino Warranty.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Aureol said:
Chaz said:
Might not be the case in the future if Alstom gets their way with Pendolinos + 57s on Holyhead Services.
Why's that then? Don't they like the idea of Pendos being dragged all the way from Crewe to Holyhead or something? :?
They were not designed to be coupled to 57s constantly, day in, day out. It was meant to be for rescuing trains and for diversions only. Not for everyday use.

The service is now considerably worse than the days of HSTs. And slower, I believe. There are spare HSTs, and they could run non-stop Crewe-London in roughly the same path as they do now, so really there is no excuse.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Aureol said:
Yeah, but that would then put the Virgin Thunderbirds out of buisness, and I like photting them at Crewe when I go to clean 6233! :(
No it wouldn't - by definition they're not entirely 'thunderbirds' if they're in regular service ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.