• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin trains Man pic-Glasgow/Edinbourgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi i am trying to find out what the virgin trains Man pic-Glasgow/Edinbourgh services called at i know these services are now FTPE.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
The early morning to GLC called at...
Preston (long layover), Lancaster, Oxenhome, Penrith, Carlisle, Glasgow

The rest for the most part also called at Bolton IIRC (I remember catching them into and out of Manchester) But distinctly remember the early morning not calling Bolton when I was living in Manchester and caught it to Penrith.

Robinson

The ones I used to get called Bolton, Preston, Lancaster, Oxenholme, Penrith, Carlisle, then Lockerbie or Motherwell and Glasgow Central (the 1558 was non-stop from Carlisle for a while though).
I'd imagine the Edinburgh ones were similar to the Glasgow ones as far as Carlisle/Lockerbie.

tbtc

Veteran Member
I think that there was a while when the Bolton stops were pick up only northbound/ set down only southbound.

However these were part of the bi-hourly VT2 service from the south coast/Birmingham to Scotland via Manchester and Carlisle (back when the Birmingham - Warrington - Scotland service was only every couple of hours)

Invincibles

For a while the early morning one did call at Manchester Oxford Road, as did the late night one back from the north (only know it as the 22:10 ex Preston though)

In the day they served Bolton only between Piccadilly and Preston as it was always a dilemma whether to take those or wait for a slower service to the more convenient Oxford Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.