• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains Simulators at Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
On the 19th December my brother and I went to Crewe to have a go on Virgins Simulators. Normally members of the public cant use them but I had bought this at a charity auction. It was a great day and fun to drive the Pendolino and Voyager. Big thanks to Virgin Trains. My photos are here

http://railways.mjspencer.com/site/thumbnails.php?album=65

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
pah - glorified BVE route (I'm just jealous really); no 57 sim? Please tell us more about youre driving experience...fun, hard work (or both)?

Andy

some people get all the enjoyment playing with virgin pendolino's all day.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Hmm I want a go! Especially as the pendolino is my favourite modern cab! (Deltic being my favourite cab otherwise - having not yet cabbed a HST :( )

Muppet

yes but thats a cab it day.

its alot harder cab a train in service on the mainline

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Aureol said:
Rhys said:
yes but thats a cab it day.

its alot harder cab a train in service on the mainline
Nah, I got into the cab of 67019 at Preston back in August before storming the WCML non-stop to Carlisle. :P

I'll try to dig the photos out tomorrow.

That would be rather unwise as it could get the driver in trouble unless you had arranged the cabride officially

Coxster

Established Member
It's down to the driver whether he wants to risk getting caught or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.