• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains (VTWC) new livery being introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemcniven

What ever happened to the suggesting that VTWC were going to do a ‘20 years of Virgin Trains’ repaint? I remember that there was a CGI render and everything. Maybe I’m wrong?

They wanted to but couldn't, so Sam Jessop, their design guy at the time did a mock up of what he would have liked to have done.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Surprised the DFT agreed to this when it seems they're not even able to vinyl a black strip over the windows!
I suspect it may have something to do with who is picking up the tab. Advertising is the purest form of free-market capitalism after all...

Perhaps we should set up a Kickstarter to buy advertising space on the outside of Pendolinos: "RailForums UK" emblazoned along the side of every vehicle with a letter (or three!) between each window... but, we go for black text on a black background and hey presto, there's the black window band! ;)

Harbornite

Established Member
What ever happened to the suggesting that VTWC were going to do a ‘20 years of Virgin Trains’ repaint? I remember that there was a CGI render and everything. Maybe I’m wrong?

I assume you're thinking of the one which was a fusion of the '2001' and '1997' liveries? It was shown in one of the recent railway magazines; until I read that, I hadn't been aware of it.

sd0733

Established Member
390046 is out today in white. It has red virgin logos in the door windows where others have the old white virgin trains

whhistle

On Moderation
I assume you're thinking of the one which was a fusion of the '2001' and '1997' liveries? It was shown in one of the recent railway magazines; until I read that, I hadn't been aware of it.
And is there a digital version of this?

Rail Blues

That’s awful! Just when I was warming to the new livery too! They should get rid of that, looks well tacky.

Is it the visual effect or the cause its promoting that bothers you?

If it's the latter, have a word with yourself and don't worry, travelling on it won't turn you gay.

Y Ddraig Coch

Established Member
That’s awful! Just when I was warming to the new livery too! They should get rid of that, looks well tacky.

What is tacky about it? Bright ,colourful and a good representation of the Pride flag.

and BTW It is "really tacky" not "well tacky"

hexagon789

Veteran Member

You can use "well" as a submodifier to mean very or extremely, so it's not incorrect.

Personally, I prefer it to the new "standard" livery that's been appearing on the Pendolinos. ;)

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Is it the visual effect or the cause its promoting that bothers you?

If it's the latter, have a word with yourself and don't worry, travelling on it won't turn you gay.
Don’t be silly :rolleyes::lol:
And in the case of VTEC, they can cry foul and accuse the government of homophobia when it's inevitably reliveried under LNER. ;)
Ridiculous. It’s purely a matter of smartening the trains up. I mean, a rainbow livery isn’t exactly smart...
What is tacky about it? Bright ,colourful and a good representation of the Pride flag.

It maybe a good representation of a pride flag, but this is a train company... :rolleyes::lol:

I just think all the colours clash horribly and that’s why it looks a bit grim.

DanNCL

Established Member

Ridiculous. It’s purely a matter of smartening the trains up. I mean, a rainbow livery isn’t exactly smart...

It maybe a good representation of a pride flag, but this is a train company... :rolleyes::lol:

ONE (later known as NXEA) managed to make a rainbow livery look smart, so it can be done. I agree that the livery applied to this 390 could have been a bit smarter, but it still looks much better than the standard livery and it's good that VTWC are choosing to celebrate pride this way and made an effort with their special livery; the VTEC version looks like very little effort was put into it at all.

CosherB

Established Member

Just stop digging.

eusd

Don't even know where to start with this

Status
Not open for further replies.