• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains (VTWC) new livery being introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sd0733

Established Member
390125 now out and about in new white livery. Its still wearing Virgin Stagecoach names albeit now in stick on form.

sd0733

Established Member
Seen 390126 out in the new livery last few days, 390127 is sitting outside at Widnes today fully painted, branded and numbered.

sprinterguy

Established Member
I note that 390130 is running around with the nose cone, coupler hatch and headlight surrounds in the new livery on 69230 while the rest of the unit retains the old livery. I'm not sure if the effect is deliberate, but it gives the unit the look of having a Branson goatee.

Truly awful photo attached, apologies but it was grabbed quickly through the manky windows of a Voyager.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_172924.jpg
    IMG_20190314_172924.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 272

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
I note that 390130 is running around with the nose cone, coupler hatch and headlight surrounds in the new livery on 69230 while the rest of the unit retains the old livery. I'm not sure if the effect is deliberate, but it gives the unit the look of having a Branson goatee.
City of Edinburgh right? I have pic of it when I saw it at Manchester, it looked daft.

driver_m

Established Member

Truly awful photo attached, apologies but it was grabbed quickly through the manky windows of a Voyager.

Thought I wasn't seeing things the other day. Must have had nose damage for that to happen. Hardly going to make it all match up when it's going in for a repaint in 4 weeks.

Class455

Established Member
Any idea which Pendolino’s have been repainted recently?

driver_m

Established Member
129 in at the moment. 103 is one of the last to be done for some unknown reason

fowler9

Established Member
Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. I still don't think red vinyls on each end of a train count as a livery.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Ah well. It was fun while it lasted. I still don't think red vinyls on each end of a train count as a livery.
No, the full livery, flowing silk, would have been like 221101.

Who knows now what were going to end up with, eventually.

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Not necessarily blue. Depends what FirstGroup/Trenitalia or MTR/Guangshen/Renfe decide to do with them.
It has to go to tender first, which it may never will. First are trying to save money and MTR are under investigation in Hong Kong for corruption. And we can't forget that Virgin and/or Stagecoach could still go to court about this.
No, the full livery, flowing silk, would have been like 221101.

Who knows now what were going to end up with, eventually.
Exactly. It's a complete unkown at this point and possibly worth a thread on Speculative Ideas.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
One thing is for sure, this Class 390 repaint into an interim Virgin livery should be complete before the next TOC (train Operating Company) takes charge, whoever that might be, MTR, First or Government.

I am biased and i know everything was not perfect with VTWC (Virgin Trains West Coast) especially the last few years (Stagecoach), but i think we are going to miss what is probably one of the better run TOCs on UK railways today.

So let's now look forward to a new era as the WCP (West Coast Partnership) under the brand of LMS (London, Midland & Scottish Railway).

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Has this been confirmed anywhere?
Or is it just a guess?

Not a guess but not confirmed!;)

Stagecoach/Virgin may take action yet so might not even change for a while. Time will tell but the trains will still operate and 390s will still be repainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.