• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains (VTWC) new livery being introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

sufian123

I believe 221106 used to have the 'No.6 Festival' branding which used to cover where the Virgin logos would've been. And with the No.6 Festival branding now removed, it's now just the plain red/silver livery left (seeing as they won't be re-adding any Virgin logos anytime soon).

virgin logo could still be seen with the V festival livery. Virgin name was never hidden.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter0124

Established Member
Some more:
390002 blank (seen working 1M10 0940 GLC-EUS)
390138 blank (seen working 1M08 0737 GLC-EUS)

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Also in terms of debranding, where are they doing them?

Would they be done in Longsight, Polmadie?

I enquired this morning and was told not being done at Longsight Traincare, so seems to be at Wembley & Polmadie.

Noticed this morning on 2 Class 390s where the Virgin branding is on the passenger doors glass inside, that all was removed completely down one side of the set only.

LeylandLen

I read in above list on P29 "390154 in Widnes " but cant see anything on diagrams to indicate a specific location at Widnes.. I would have thought Wembley would be the location to remove vinyls and repaint ?

sd0733

Established Member
I read in above list on P29 "390154 in Widnes " but cant see anything on diagrams to indicate a specific location at Widnes.. I would have thought Wembley would be the location to remove vinyls and repaint ?
Widnes is the Alstom facility where they are being repainted from Silver to white.

LeylandLen

Widnes is the Alstom facility where they are being repainted from Silver to white.

Problem solved after investigation. It seems the RAIL location comes under Ditton, on Merseyside ,(between Liverpool LS and Runcorn off WCML) although yet to find any Pendelinos arriving or departing so precise location to be determined. I wrongly assumed it was under Widnes !

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Problem solved after investigation. It seems the RAIL location comes under Ditton, on Merseyside ,(between Liverpool LS and Runcorn off WCML) although yet to find any Pendelinos arriving or departing so precise location to be determined. I wrongly assumed it was under Widnes !

These are the paths allocated normally for Class 390 Pendolinos when going/returning from re-paint at Alstom Widnes Transport Tech (Ditton). They run as required.

5F01
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P58800/2019-11-06/detailed

5F00
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P58799/2019-11-05/detailed

Traksy map - With Alstom Transport Tech at closed Ditton.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

LeylandLen

Thanks for above in #939.Would never have guessed Alstom is Widnes Transport Tech ; so 390s go Edgehill first,assume its after working a service to Liverpool LS .

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Thanks for above in #939.Would never have guessed Alstom is Widnes Transport Tech ; so 390s go Edgehill first,assume its after working a service to Liverpool LS .

Yes after service train to Lime Street, empty to Edge Hill, all things removed that need to be. Then empty stock to Widnes for repaint. After repaint, empty stock to Edge Hill for safety checks and then back into service.

Only 3 more Class 390s to repaint now but we don't know yet who will win the contract to fully re-fit and upgrade the Pendolino fleet.

Looks like 5F00 did run this morning (05/11/19) so i presume but not confirmed yet, that 390154 is now freshly painted white and returned to traffic.

Yes after service train to Lime Street, empty to Edge Hill, all things removed that need to be. Then empty stock to Widnes for repaint. After repaint, empty stock to Edge Hill for safety checks and then back into service.

Only 3 more Class 390s to repaint now but we don't know yet who will win the contract to fully re-fit and upgrade the Pendolino fleet.

Looks like 5F00 did run this morning (05/11/19) so i presume but not confirmed yet, that 390154 is now freshly painted white and returned to traffic.

Can confirm 390154 returned to traffic on 1R19 this morning.

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Trivia, I know, but after all the de-branding and, as has already been recorded, the winter first class menus having no mention of Virgin, this week small pieces of blue card appeared on the cup and glass tray in the first class. These say 'We're proud to celebrate our first anniversary with Change Please coffee' and have the Virgin Trains logo on.

EE Andy b1

Established Member
Can confirm 390154 returned to traffic on 1R19 this morning.

Thanks for the info.
Just six more weeks then, 2 weeks per set, and all done by 17th December.

Will 390156/390157 be released in the new TOCs livery??? or will we just have new TOC titles and then have to wait for the 390 refurbishment to start before seeing the full new livery!!

Trivia, I know, but after all the de-branding and, as has already been recorded, the winter first class menus having no mention of Virgin, this week small pieces of blue card appeared on the cup and glass tray in the first class. These say 'We're proud to celebrate our first anniversary with Change Please coffee' and have the Virgin Trains logo on.

Maybe old stock being used up!

Last edited:

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
What’s happening with the door windows? Even the blank end Pendolinos I’ve seen still have “Virgin” very firmly frosted on the glass!

I13

221118 now also has no Virgin logo at either end, but additional to 106 it has lost its shields too! Photo to follow..

I13

221118 now also has no Virgin logo at either end, but additional to 106 it has lost its shields too! Photo to follow..
As promised, here's 221118 without its shield.

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_160549527.jpg
    IMG_20191107_160549527.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 165

Merle Haggard

Established Member
I have a query about VWC livery and this thread, although not exactly relevant, is probably read by people who know the answer.
When new, both types of VWC stock had diagonal grey stripes on the passenger entrance doors. A few years ago, at an earlier 'refresh' of the Pendos, the outside of these doors was painted in plain black, and, slightly later, the stripes on the inside of the doors were also replaced by plain colour.
I was told at the time that this was to satisfy objections by organisations representing the interests of people with a visual impairment.
BUT the Voyagers retained the stripes.
Anyone know the logic?

sd0733

Established Member
221113 has lost its branding at the 1st class end (unsure about the Crest as saw side on) but retains its branding and its Crest at the standard end.

LeylandLen

Does 390119 still carry the name ' Unknown Soldier' ? Hope so ; I understand the set was in service today 1207 Euston to Liverpool. It would be nice to keep its name until after Remembrance Day on Monday, 11th November.

CR165022

390156 is now in Avanti livery
Sent to me from a friend (original photographer unknown)

Attachments

• IMG-20191207-WA0047.jpg
    IMG-20191207-WA0047.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.