• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains West Coast Apprentice Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swayed

I feel exactly the same. I got to the end of part 2 with about 20 seconds to spare. Wasn't expecting that as I think it gives you only about 11 seconds per question.

Yeah I got towards the end of the trp2, didn't finish it but felt I'd worked through it quickly and accurately. Fingers crossed and good luck!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

monty9120

Trp 1 is the one I wasn’t 100% with as some questions just I just didn’t remember seeing the answer for

A few it could be one of 2 answers

The beep test is the other one I struggled a bit like to know how I got on with that one

Is the beep test the phone book test and the beep and phone book all one test as I feel I did ok on the rest

Dot2018

Is the beep test the phone book test and the beep and phone book all one test as I feel I did ok on the rest
Yes this is all one test called TEA-Occ (Test Of Everyday Attention For Occupational Assessment)

Skyrail

Passed stage 1. Been put in a holding pool for stage 2 tests due to number of successful apllicants at stage 1.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Does anyone have an email address for VT recruitment? For an unrelated vacancy! There's a number on the dnotreply email address but it makes more sense to email than call with my query.

Thanks

Dot2018

Passed stage 1. Been put in a holding pool for stage 2 tests due to number of successful apllicants at stage 1.
didn’t know they’d put some people on hold after stage 1. Do you know when you’re doing stage two then?

Out of interest did Virgin Trains West Coast conclude their recruitment (i.e. take on 3 apprentices)?

I'm aware one group were placed in the Talent pool even though they passed all their Stage 1 tests at Advanced level, while another group progressed to Stage 2.

Swayed

Did I read that you were one of them? If so, how are you finding it?
Yes, my first day was today actually. Great group of people on the course, trainers are sound. Looking forward to the coming weeks although it won’t be easy I’m sure!!

Cyclist

Yes, my first day was today actually. Great group of people on the course, trainers are sound. Looking forward to the coming weeks although it won’t be easy I’m sure!!
good to hear, best of luck with it. I got to the final stage but failed CBI, learned a lot though.

Yes, great to hear and well done. I'm sure the trainers will look after you and do everything they can to help get you through the course.

Bennski

Brilliant! Was wondering who passed and when the course was starting. So they took 6 people then? Do you all know which depots you are working at yet? I went for the assessment centre but didn't make it unfortunately. Happy someone is sharing a quick insight into what happens once you start the course and it would be interesting to hear about. Glad you made it and Im sure it will be a challenge but best of luck to you and the others on the course!

Swayed

good to hear, best of luck with it. I got to the final stage but failed CBI, learned a lot though.
Learning is the main thing, I found the cbi the toughest part but you’ll know what to expect next time and I’m sure you’ll get there.

Swayed

Brilliant! Was wondering who passed and when the course was starting. So they took 6 people then? Do you all know which depots you are working at yet? I went for the assessment centre but didn't make it unfortunately. Happy someone is sharing a quick insight into what happens once you start the course and it would be interesting to hear about. Glad you made it and Im sure it will be a challenge but best of luck to you and the others on the course!

Any question about the course or anything, feel free to pm me. There are 10 on my course, 3 from the trainee positions from the apprentice role this year, a few internals and a few who were in a pool from the previous years apprentice intake. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.