• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains (West Coast) First Class seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Do all Super Voyagers have leather seats in First Class now?

will the Pendolinos get them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cf111

Established Member
A leather seat in the WC? That is posh!

I'll fetch my own coat, thank you... :lol:

Jd12

All 221's do have leather seats now yes. Unsure about the Pendos.

spookywestie

I'd hate to see them on the Pendos, the new Voyager 1st doesn't feel like a proper 1st class experience anymore (barring the food and refreshments).

neilb62

There's no plan to fit them on the 390's, who knows what the next franchise will bring though... ?

Clansman

Established Member
What was the point in the first class "refurbishment" anyway? A few TOCs first class seats are leathered now - ironic given that Scotrail are slow in catching up with the trend ;)

How they came into fashion Ill never know. But I did have a very comfy trip in the so called "plush tush" on the Chieftain to York yesterday!

XCTurbostar

Established Member
The Super Voyagers are older than the Pendolinos anyway. Just not by much.
Could this be to bring the seats more in line with what is in standard so when two Voyagers are joined, passengers don't get a first class type seat?
Thanks,
Ross

crehld

Established Member
Do they? I think they are in quite good condition. Though I don't like leather seats :)

Well compared to a lot of stock on the network they are in good nick.

But some of the seats are starting to look a little thread-bare around the edges so a reupholster is probably due in the not too distant future. And on my last run up from London several panels were coming away from the wall/ceiling, so a bit of screwdriver attention wouldn't go amiss.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Talking of VT First Class, on the 1930 from Birmingham, what should I expect?

Evening Meal
Evening Meal West Midlands
Late Evening Meal

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Yes thanks but it doesn't say what menu is for that particular service (1930 off Birmingham)

mpthomson

What was the point in the first class "refurbishment" anyway? A few TOCs first class seats are leathered now - ironic given that Scotrail are slow in catching up with the trend ;)

How they came into fashion Ill never know. But I did have a very comfy trip in the so called "plush tush" on the Chieftain to York yesterday!

Easier to maintain and clean as they just need wiping down, and I'm led to believe cheaper than fabric as it's not proper leather, it's made up from loads of offcuts. I saw the process on television a couple of years ago. It's cow hide but nowhere near the quality that a premium car manufacturer would use.

Status
Not open for further replies.