• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Trains West Coast- HR Email Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
There is no external email address for HR. The only contact is via the talent academy in Crewe

uww11x

Why? You need it if don’t mind me asking?

I was wanting to enquire about a few roles I have applied for. The website doesn't show if they are un successful or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 17.59.37.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 17.59.37.png
    339 KB · Views: 63

red2005

Not fantastic at getting back to people, then

To be fair, can you imagine how many emails and speculative enquiries these have to deal with per day? That not including the normal recruiting events/interviews/assessments across the country they have to do as well.

They were great with me when I had to deal with them. I wouldn’t want their job for all the money in the world.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
To be fair, can you imagine how many emails and speculative enquiries these have to deal with per day? That not including the normal recruiting events/interviews/assessments across the country they have to do as well.

They were great with me when I had to deal with them. I wouldn’t want their job for all the money in the world.

True enough I suppose. I'd just like to know either way sooner than later as with such a large relocation required, my life in on pause a little bit at the moment

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Brought it on myself but nice to know where I stand. Also I have to give 3months notice. Sooner the better for all parties then

red2005

I’m sure they’ll get back to you as soon as they can. There’s quite a few vacancies in different grades at the moment from what I can see so I’m sure they’ve just got their hands full mate.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
In fairness I have noticed a lot more vacancies come and go than is usual for them!

uww11x

My issue was the website, the screenshot I attached earlier has something I applied for in 2016 as still active.

uww11x

Just tried the individual email address as per a screenshot further up. I might be getting somewhere now lol!

Just tried the individual email address as per a screenshot further up. I might be getting somewhere now lol!

I was at virgins assessment centre today and it there was a lad there that applied for a job last November! Karen Broad was there aswell actually.

uww11x

I was at virgins assessment centre today and it there was a lad there that applied for a job last November! Karen Broad was there aswell actually.

Karen replied to my email yesterday! Thats a long time November lol.

red2005

Guys not being funny but it may not be a good idea to mention names on here anyway but especially names of people quite influential in offering employment......ESPECIALLY when you label them a “cold fish” it’s bad enough being cryptic or putting names but you’ve actually put names, dates AND locations!! Pretty mental if you ask me!

It’s all about actually helping yourself a bit. Don’t make the mistake of thinking these boards don’t have eyes and ears.

Last edited:

Dot2018

Guys not being funny but it may not be a good idea to mention names on here anyway but especially names of people quite influential in offering employment......ESPECIALLY when you label them a “cold fish”

It’s all about actually helping yourself a bit. Don’t make the mistake of thinking these boards don’t have eyes and ears.
fair comment. I've made that mistake before :P

tiptoptaff

Established Member
The Railway is an extremely small place

Couldn't agree more. Wherever you go, you will meet someone you know, worked with/for or knows someone you know, or worked with/for. A name and reputation sticks, and will follow you everywhere. Be careful what you say and in the context you say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.