• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin w/e westcountry services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbostar

Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but just realise looking through the Virgin timetables, as from today (16/9), there's no trains whatsoever at weekends from Penzance/Plymouth/Paignton/Exeter St Davids to York/Newcastle/ Edinburgh/Glasgow Central, both via ECML & WCML! All trains now only go as far as Gloucester. Not that I'm planning on travelling, but how is one suppose to go north, as you can't even get to Birmingham New Street to pick-up northbound trains? Talk about being totally cut-off! :angry2:

Mart

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Yes i noticed that, Engineering between Brum NS and Gloucester with buses replacing trains.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
There's also engineering work between Crewe & Preston, meaning trains are being diverted via Bolton & Manchester Picc, adding another hour to your journey.

Sorry for being off the original topic, but does anyone have times for the diversions at Bolton/Manchester Picc? How long are they running for?

Preston to Bristol over the weekend now takes aproximatley 5-6 hours!

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Weekend Engineering Works between Birmingham and Gloucester will be running every weekend until at least December 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.