• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin West Coast 1st class...anyone else find it uncomfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Depends on the train. There are some where the pillar takes up almost the entire space between the seat and the one in front. I might just about put up with it in steerage, but I'd be annoyed if I'd paid for first class.

Poor window alignment in First Class is an SNCF-ism - on traditional TGVs very few seats are aligned. I was very disappointed by this. It has, I believe, carried across into the new E*s, which is unacceptably poor to me. I can't remember about IEP but I half recall alignment is iffy on that as well.

I understand and accept a level of cost cutting in Standard, but First Class is supposed to be a premium product and I expect a premium attention to detail in its design, or I won't consider it value for money and so won't pay for it, and will just travel Standard instead.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Poor window alignment in First Class is an SNCF-ism - on traditional TGVs very few seats are aligned. I was very disappointed by this.

Agreed. For example, look at the nearest single seat on the left and the one two in front of it in the following image. To describe the "view" from the window from these seats as "gawd awful" is not going far enough!

Attachments

• hs2-6-tgv-inside.gif
    hs2-6-tgv-inside.gif
    367 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.