• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin's first class lounges using a standard class zonal ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSR :D

At moment, I have an all zones pre 9:30 ticket for concessionary holders. I'd like to pay the price difference to gain an access to some first class virgin lounges in West Midlands.

How would I do this?

If I choose to travel first class between New Street and Coventry, the price difference should be around £1.70 for any time return? Is it possible to reduce the price even further if I use a rail card?

I never used lounges before, so, what are the rules and etiquettes when using it? Is there any food available?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You can't "excess" your ticket in this way - you would need a new ticket. For Birmingham-Coventry, this is £7.40 for the Anytime Day Return, Virgin Trains Only or £4.60 for the single.

Railcard discounts may apply depending on the Railcard (they do for Senior and Disabled Railcards).

SS4

Established Member
I never used lounges before, so, what are the rules and etiquettes when using it? Is there any food available?

Essentially it's don't take advantage. There is no limit on free food and drink (although it was very basic fare food-wise). Tea and coffee are available as well as a small selection of cold drinks. Foodwise was biscuits, fruit or crisps

I've not been to the first class lounge at New St since it was redeveloped as part of gateway plus so my observations are on the old one.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Ettiquette is much like the quiet zone - keep the noise down and don't take advantage of the theoretically unlimited goods

Status
Not open for further replies.