• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virtual BvE networK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

As some of you may know, and most of you may not know, I was re-creating a virtual toc for BVE. So much work has been done over the last month, but sadly I now have other full-time commitments.

The last thing I want to do, is completely shut it down. I am looking for someone to take it over. For more info see here: http://www.vbn.ibutech.com/

Please do not reply via the forum if you are interested in taking over as it will not be listened to.

I hope someone is willing to do something as this would be a great waste :(

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

This one would of. I was getting prepared enough so it would at least last half-a-year, providing the people who are taking part stay. Other commitments mean I can't finish it, let alone start it.

I'll gladly help whenever I can, but I can't finish the whole thing by myself anymore.

T

Tom

Everyone says "this one would". It was said for VBVER, it lasted 4 weeks IIRC. VRs simply don't last unless there is a lot of support.

Guinness

Established Member
VRs would only last if there was a major dire need for one or that you had a plug in the BVE program itself that sent data from the route your driving to the VR Internet Server.

Tom B

Established Member
A similar thing happened with MSTS. God knows how many VRs started up in Sep 2001 and then by Dec 2001 most of them had gone. People rallied round just one or two. Here in the UK only NWT survived any length of time and that's now gone, though who knows what with KRS it may be the case that things restart?

The Snap

Established Member
I would, but it is too much work for me at the moment! :(

Dave A

EmergencyBrake said:
May I ask what is "Virtual BVE network" and how is it suppose to work please?

Virtual BvE networK was going to be like the one on here run by Rich, except it would be a bit more advanced and we would be using our own resources. Pre-made Rotas and Report Templates for each route would be handed out weekly via a download system and, once completed, be uploaded to the various management personnel, so that they could be scored accordingly.

T

Tom

Which worked pretty much the same as the one on here, only a slight bit more was automated... ;)

LondonBVE

Anyone here good in PHP, HTML, Good in managment and last important one have lots of free time can maybe try to ask for permission to manage Virtual BVE-Network.

P.S I can't don't know what is PHP, only match all the 3 criteria not PHP. :(

:protest: Why use PHP :protest:

Sorry for any leaking of private infomation.

T

Tom

Why use PHP?

It's the best server-side scripting software EVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.