• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visit to Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

I'm planning a visit to Crewe on Thursday to try and get some views of the Electric depot for the 90/92s stored there. I have got the directions and know not to upset the Builders merchant !!. Can you see the stored 92s or is not worth the bother. Roughly how far is it to walk from the station. In addition if I have time I plan a walk to Gresty Road depot and Basford Hall yard. Again I have got directions (and Google earthed it). How far roughly is the walk to the fields overlooking Basford Hall yard , I estimate about 40 mins each way for Basford and 20 mins each way for the EMD, would these be about right ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TDK

Established Member
I'm planning a visit to Crewe on Thursday to try and get some views of the Electric depot for the 90/92s stored there. I have got the directions and know not to upset the Builders merchant !!. Can you see the stored 92s or is not worth the bother. Roughly how far is it to walk from the station. In addition if I have time I plan a walk to Gresty Road depot and Basford Hall yard. Again I have got directions (and Google earthed it). How far roughly is the walk to the fields overlooking Basford Hall yard , I estimate about 40 mins each way for Basford and 20 mins each way for the EMD, would these be about right ?

The best way to see the stored locos in the ETD is on the train from Chester to Crewe or Crewe to Chester

Razor1967

I tried that but got a glimpse of a couple of UID grey 92s in the background, then a load of trees, a wall, more trees then just line up close to the main line (56007, 90040 etc). Basically need all the stored 90 and 92s on the depot plus both shunters !

Established Member
The best way to see the stored locos in the ETD is on the train from Chester to Crewe or Crewe to Chester

Yeah but you cat really get any good photos at all youll, see them but I think the OP wants to get shots of them all

Razor1967

Wouldn't mind photos, but not worth the hassle. I also need them all for sight, so yes it would be useful to know the numbers along the fence. I have also been told you may be able to see some locos from Flag Lane bridge. It also appears there is a little Business Park before you get to the Builders Yard, where a quick look over the fence might suffice, (as long as you don't get hassle there as well), just need the numbers then !!

Bigjop

Wouldn't mind photos, but not worth the hassle. I also need them all for sight, so yes it would be useful to know the numbers along the fence. I have also been told you may be able to see some locos from Flag Lane bridge. It also appears there is a little Business Park before you get to the Builders Yard, where a quick look over the fence might suffice, (as long as you don't get hassle there as well), just need the numbers then !!

You won't see much from Flag lane Bridge.
I'm 6'9" and could only just see over at the lowest part.

Status
Not open for further replies.