• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visit to Laira Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1023

So as part of a trek down to the West Country I'm looking for the "new" HST coaching stock and wonder what Laira is like for seeing stuff! As I recall Embankment Road runs alongside the HST sudings and there is a green space facing the line between Mount Gould and Lipston Junctions. Any other suggestions for vantage points and the likely hood of me getting anything out of a trip?
Thanks in Advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jannerdunk

You can certainly see the depot siding from the main road, although its a bit overgrown in places. As you mentioned you can also walk along the footpath to the back of the depot between Mount Gould and Lipson, however it does pass through the grounds of a large school and the last time I walked that way (on a Sunday) there was lots of notices about the school grounds being private property. If you are there on a schoolday you might get challenged

Tothill park to the west of the depot is adjacent to the Train wash and you could get lucky if you are there at the correct time

Status
Not open for further replies.