• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visiting a signal box prior to interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_B_D

Hi guys,

I have found this forum extremely helpful when applying for signaller vacancies and when preparing for the assessment centre, so I want to say a big thank you to you all.

I have now received an invite to interview fro two signaller vacancies in Halifax and Hebden Bridge.

Does anybody know how I can get in contact the with the LOM or current signallers of the boxes so i can arrange a visit? I believe this could really improve my chances at interview. I have contacted network rail HR for the contact details but was told they don't provide them as too many people would want to visit.

Thank You.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Not much you can really do beyond that. You could loiter outside the boxes at shift change and chance your arm.

Jd12

The signallers at both boxes are generally spot on, up till recently I've spent a lot of time working around that area. If I was you I'd just go and knock on and have a chat with the signaller on duty, they're very understanding and usually very welcoming as they spend a lot of time on their own.

S_B_D

Thank You for the advice guys.

I will go down to the boxes and see if the on duty signallers are willing to chat to me for a little while. I will make sure to bring plenty of biscuits. :D

TOCDriver

Signallers in boxes like that are usually very welcoming. Just visit them during the day and not at night. Also avoid the peak periods when they're busier

TomBoyd

A) Biscuits really will help.

B) If it does get busy, make yourself scarce!

Status
Not open for further replies.