• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Visiting all the station sites mentioned in the Flanders & Swann Song - Slow Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbwbear

This was my big staycation lockdown project (May 2020 - May 2021) visits to all the stations mentioned in the "Slow Train" song....

I recommend visiting them - some very interesting places.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gloster

Established Member
Isn’t Number 10 Littleton & Badsey (no ‘l’), although, from memory, I think Flanders and Swann just called it Littleton Badsey. Sorry to be a pedant.

tbwbear

Thank you !

Please.... No worries about being a pedant. You are 100% correct and I really appreciate the correction. I have corrected it now.

I got the spelling right (I think) on the entry page itself. https://trainstobeyond.com/10-littleton-badsley/

Flanders and Swann made their list from the Guardian - and it was the Grauniad (I think) that omitted the "&" between the two names

It is an interesting place - especially if you like asparagus !

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This was my big staycation lockdown project (May 2020 - May 2021) visits to all the stations mentioned in the "Slow Train" song....

I recommend visiting them - some very interesting places.....

A really interesting project. Lovely stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.