• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VOLO tv coach TT, please help! need to know soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
hi all!

Just need some help, i was told that FGW has times on their site of times of the Volo coach of what service its on, but i cant seem to find them on the site anywhere!

please help as I am away on the Freedom of South West rover next week and would like to catch it sometime, but a TT would help, cos im NOT wasting a day waiting at Swindon for it to turn up!!

cheers,
james.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
You will need to look on FGW's website. It get's different allocation's each day

Muppet

is it true that on the t.v screen theres a drivers eye view option??

as i have travelled in one but there was no option?

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Is there even any camera's attached to the HSTs to make the facility available in the first place anyway?

Ian

Met Driver

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Is there even any camera's attached to the HSTs to make the facility available in the first place anyway?

Nope, indeed there isn't.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It'd be too difficult anyway, as the coach swaps around which sets it's in anyways. Though I do want to know what 'Traincam' actually does.

joeholmes

Train cam was decided, however FGW drivers asked for it not to happen. This is due to 1 unders (suicides). FGW drivers said that they wouldnt want others to go through what the had to, and see those horrible things.

I know its quite rare and everything but i can see where those drivers are coming from!

J.Holmes
[/i]

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If that's the case then it should be removed from the posters.

Jordy

Established Member
Wow live drivers eye views, now that would be good. I can see the point about one unders though. Imagine a drivers eye view of that :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jordy

Met Driver

Established Member
I can think of uite a few other things that the public are probably better off not seeing, bird strikes being one of them. But on the other hand, if the images could be recorded, the system would serve as a useful tool in taking chavs and drunks to court...

Jordy

Established Member
Seth said:
I can think of uite a few other things that the public are probably better off not seeing, bird strikes being one of them. But on the other hand, if the images could be recorded, the system would serve as a useful tool in taking chavs and drunks to court...

Yeah that sounds like a good idea

Jordy

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
well surely it could be live to passengers, and switched off via the driver if needed...as such but still recording on the camera

Tom B

Established Member
Do these television things have individual headphones or speakers.

If the latter I sincerely hope they aren't adopted nationwide.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
you will require headphones, yes.

I wonder if the FGW headphones on the 180s will be sold in the MKIII buffets as well

Julian G

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Do these television things have individual headphones or speakers.

If the latter I sincerely hope they aren't adopted nationwide.
FSR are planning to install them for the Sleepers

Met Driver

Established Member
heart-of-wessex said:
well surely it could be live to passengers, and switched off via the driver if needed...as such but still recording on the camera

Unlikely. Class 43s are fairly complex from a driving point of view as it is, and I think that turning the camera off after a one-under would be the least of drivers' worries. Don't forget, there's the AWS, Vigilance device & Deadman device to worry about already, not to mention the fact that power and brakes are controlled using two seperate levers.

Sprog

Established Member
TrainCam was never ment to be a live drivers-eye view. Instead, it used a pre-recorded video of the route/service the HST is doing, and it uses GPS technology to calculate where the video should be in relation to the actual location of the train.

The reason live was not feaseable is because of suicides/'one unders' and obviously the expense and impractiaclity of fitting camera to every P/C FGW have...

I dont know if FGW have made the feature availalbe yet, as i havent travelled on the Volo Coach...

Hope that helps.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.