• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Volvos

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

Simple question about the swedish cars.

Whats the differance between a T5 and a V70 as they both look the same. (It's my dream car if I could fit a turbo to it :D )

My guess is a T5 is supped up as some cops use them as unmarked cars <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A T5 means it has a Turbo-Charged 5 Cylinder Engine, it's a spec of V70 :)

traveller1030

The V70 T5 has some serious grunt - and a serious insurance group rating to match. If you want to keep your premium down then a standard V70 is the way to go (can't remember the engine sizes, think they're 2.5 and 2.8 ) - also depends if you need the grunt the T5 provides on a daily basis or if it's just about showing off. Brand new you're not looking at much change from thirty grand, I think, for used prices here's what some are going for on eBay: http://search.ebay.co.uk/volvo-v70_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsbrsrtZl

nutter

The T5's will have almost 400hp so insurance will be through the roof. The reason I want a T5 is that most of the drivers around my area are very fast and there are also alot of blind junctions. My dad has a mondeo 2.0(180hp) estate and struggles to accelerate quickly enough to avoid collision.

If I get my dream job i might be driving them for a job (motorway cop) so hopefully that would bring dowm the insurance, damn network rail (they've offered me an apprentiship which would be too good to miss)

Thanks for the tip off on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.