• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vosa website has been replaced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybic26

Should have said that it's does not give the same level of information with the same search options as in the previous version.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
Have the "Notices and Proceedings" moved too? On the old location, the North West one is over a week late.

They appear to have got up to date today.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It appears that the Notices and Proceedings are now to be published more frequently on a weekly basis (the Scotland one was today).

overthewater

Established Member
They appear to have got up to date today.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It appears that the Notices and Proceedings are now to be published more frequently on a weekly basis (the Scotland one was today).

I get the feeling they being updated more frequently as a stop gap measure, because of the on going issues as mentioned above.

Last edited:
I get the feeling the being updated more frequently as a stop gap measure do to the on going issues as mentioned above.

This sort of defeats the"do it yourself" technology trend. We used to be able to query the database ourselves on a real time basis, which was always up to date. Now we get a report, which probably has a fair amount of manual input and is still up to a week out of date.

Robertj21a

On Moderation
What's the point of a statutory 56 days notice for any objections if it's not possible for most people to know whether there's something to object to for the first 7-10 days ?

Surely, the current arrangements do not meet their legal requirements ?

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
What's the point of a statutory 56 days notice for any objections if it's not possible for most people to know whether there's something to object to for the first 7-10 days ?

Personally, I think the clock should start ticking only after the public have been given full details of the changes (not the summary 'Route Change' or Timetable Change' given on VOSA). But that is not the subject of this thread.

Had VOSA / TC looked at the world around them, perhaps they would have picked up on moves to greater transparency like that of Companies House, where all lodged documents are freely available, going back many years.

I live in (frustrated) hope of having free public access to timetables and route information at the earliest date, rather than when an operator / local authority condescends to make them available to me.

overthewater

Established Member
I live in (frustrated) hope of having free public access to timetables and route information at the earliest date, rather than when an operator / local authority condescends to make them available to me.

EDIT: I got confused.

Its possible, alot of stuff is being moved on line, I believe if you live in England you can get sent PDF of new stuff, unlike in Scotland. No idea why the £3 is still in place as there no paper to be printed out. Part of the problem is Vosa if there did this wouldn't know who asking about stuff or how many people etc

With older content, I'll say this its very unlikely the older stuff has been put onto computer and most if were lucky have been put into cold storage if not one has to wonder if stuff hasn't been destroyed at least to stuff from 1996 and before.

Last edited:

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
EDIT: I got confused.

Its possible, alot of stuff is being moved on line, I believe if you live in England you can get sent PDF of new stuff, unlike in Scotland. No idea why the £3 is still in place as there no paper to be printed out. Part of the problem is Vosa if there did this wouldn't know who asking about stuff or how many people etc

With older content, I'll say this its very unlikely the older stuff has been put onto computer and most if were lucky have been put into cold storage if not one has to wonder if stuff hasn't been destroyed at least to stuff from 1996 and before.

Indeed, why should I pay for something they hold anyway, ought to require no administration / interpretation costs for me to select on-line, and is required to be submitted by law / regulation.

As you will know, If I put a company name into Companies House, I get everything attached to that company, free and without having to justify my reasons for wanting it or go through a time consuming FOI request.

I understand (from an article in Private Eye) that some companies / individuals want to restrict access to old company information and that Companies House are considering introducing a time limit for older documents.

Companies House have clearly scanned a lot of old documents which previously you had to pay for copies of. I guess old bus routes / timetables aren't as important as old company accounts (to most people anyway!) so wouldn't expect old stuff to be scanned and loaded for my casual pleasure.

cainebj

Established Member

Objections can only be raised by local authorities, transport bodies and the police. They have a separate web page where they can log in to view accepted registrations/variations/cancellations as they're published, satisfying the requirements. Operators are also required to send a copy of their applications to their local authority and any transport bodies themselves, giving the opportunity there for any objections too.

Sybic26

Volvodart

Thanks for the info re the revised web page for daily changes to registrations. However one vital piece of information that is not given is the details of the route concerned, eg between Falkirk Bus Station and Stirling Bus Station.

overthewater

Established Member
The website will be off line this evening:

Vehicle Operator Licensing will be unavailable from 7.00pm on Thursday 5th January 2017 until 9.00pm Thursday 5th January 2017. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

carlberry

Established Member
Since the last update on Wednesday the browse includes the start, finish and via points so the site finally gives the same information that it did last November before the 'improvement'.

It is also quite a bit quicker, and you don't need to export it. It is usable at last.

overthewater

Established Member
Its still not as quick as it was before, hopeful there still some fine tuning going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.