• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Voyager: MT or EB?

Voyager: EB or MT?

• EuropeanBahn

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Making Tracks

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I was reading the EuropeanBahn site today to check on progress with their WIP WCML route. They have made a new Voyager to accompany their route, but I was then left wondering why, as they could use the excellent Making Tracks version.

Which is better?

The EB one:

wb_wcml_vogD4_25.jpg

or

The MT one:

voyagermtmd2.jpg

I voted for the MT one, as the colours are more realistic. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
It is actually already released as part of East Coast Express Part 2. They can't use the MT one as... errrrrrm... it is a commercial model by Making Tracks :roll: There was also a history long ago before you were about on the forums but it's best we don't go into that.

LucaZone

I too wish that far less 'Reinventing the Wheel' occured in the TrainSim market. If a great model already exists elsewhere why do commercial teams have to recreate their own version in order to include it!

I for one wasnt going to do that for vCTRL. I had stock for 4-5 different teams, as they each did the best at their own types of stock.

However in this particular instance, Ken using Daves models......is less likely than a man giving birth. :D

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
It is actually already released as part of East Coast Express Part 2. They can't use the MT one as... errrrrrm... it is a commercial model by Making Tracks :roll: There was also a history long ago before you were about on the forums but it's best we don't go into that.

Ah right, I see. :)

Coxster

Established Member
Beaker said:
do you mean on a different forum as rich only joined a day after you on this one
Believe it or not this isn't the first ever railway forum :roll: :roll: Anyway, this is the second RailUK forum - don't remember Rich on the first one, back in the days of the 'contributers' ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Believe it or not this isn't the first ever railway forum :roll: :roll: Anyway, this is the second RailUK forum - don't remember Rich on the first one, back in the days of the 'contributers' ;)

I seem to remeber a forum that Jordy reccomened me to, which was private and members had to be told about it to find out...is that the one? :)

LucaZone

Personally I think much of Peters models suffer from obesity. They look accurate, but seem to be 'overweight' compared to the real thing. The most obvious one to suffer this problem is the Class 47.

They are certainly great trains though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.