• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Voyagers at University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HST274

It turned out to be 170105 l was on it although there was one on a earlier Cardiff Notts quite a few cancellations yesterday
Are you sure you are referring to the one on Friday because I am very sure that I saw a voyager leaving UNI at that time, however if you were on it who am I to disagree. :D

D.K.TAYLOR

Are you sure you are referring to the one on Friday because I am very sure that I saw a voyager leaving UNI at that time, however if you were on it who am I to disagree. :D

This was Saturday

MCR247

Established Member
I’m on the somewhat busy 1749 off New Street and the guard has announced that the rear coach is locked OOU due to short platforms en route to Nottingham. Does this happen every time a 220 does this diagram? I’ve been on it before and never heard this announced (although I’m never in the rear carriage). For reference, it’s Coach F locked out, leaving 2 standard class coaches and first class.

trentvalley

I’m on the somewhat busy 1749 off New Street and the guard has announced that the rear coach is locked OOU due to short platforms en route to Nottingham. Does this happen every time a 220 does this diagram? I’ve been on it before and never heard this announced (although I’m never in the rear carriage). For reference, it’s Coach F locked out, leaving 2 standard class coaches and first class.
Short platform at Willington?

MCR247

Established Member
I had it in my head that Willington could just take 4 coaches but I’m not sure

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Maybe unable to platform the last door due to them being nearer the ends on Voyagers?
Willington is 81m in both directions, so only 20m-length stock would be able to open all doors on a 4 coach train.

rower40

I used to commute (pre-pandemic) between Derby and Willington. When the train was formed of 2 x 2car 170s, the announcement was made at Derby that "only the front 3 coaches will be platformed, the rear coach doors will not be unlocked at Willington", so that passengers would have to walk through to the front car of the rear set.

I seem to remember that on one occasion, the train was formed of a 3-car at the Birmingham end and a 2-car at the Derby end. I knew that this would cause problems so I made sure I was in the 3-car set. The announcement about "front 3 coaches only" was made after the train had left Derby (so too late to get from one unit to the other), so I hope anyone over-carried was given a free taxi from Burton back to Willington, or a special-stop on the next northbound service (but make sure you board at the front of the train at Burton!)

Sorry - off topic relating to both Voyagers and University.

Status
Not open for further replies.