• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT Breakfast Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if the 1043 off Euston VT service to Edinburgh is a Breakfast service or not? Thanks :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if the 1043 off Euston VT service to Edinburgh is a Breakfast service or not? Thanks :)

Sadly not; "hot snack service to First Class customers". The 0843 is the last Edinburgh-bound service with the Breakfast offering.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
Oh ok thanks. Do you know the last train from Euston towards Birmingham that is a Breakfast service? Or the last from Birmingham towards London? The online timetables are down.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Oh ok thanks. Do you know the last train from Euston towards Birmingham that is a Breakfast service? Or the last from Birmingham towards London? The online timetables are down.

The last breakfast service leaving Euston all day is the 09:43 11 car Pendo to Glasgow via Birmingham, all services after this time which leave in the morning offer a lighter “brunch” menu

hexagon789

Veteran Member

The last service from Birmingham-Euston with Breakfast service is the 0945 Wolverhampton (1010 Birmingham New St)-Euston.

Also, the online timetables are working for me, I've just checked. :)

furgus2

Plus, I’m pretty sure that the 0945 from Wolverhampton is a Voyager so, not such an extensive breakfast offer

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Plus, I’m pretty sure that the 0945 from Wolverhampton is a Voyager so, not such an extensive breakfast offer

It's difficult to tell from the timetable. It would be very helpful if Virgin were like EMT and marked the booked traction in the timetable headers.

Kite159

Veteran Member

Looking at RTT the path is for a voyager*, also it appears to attach to another unit at Wolverhampton.

(*yes I know the timing load doesn't always equal what actually will tip up, but for Virgin WC it is normally correct)

philjo

Established Member
Currently In 1st On 0803 Euston to New Street. No chef on board so only porridge or fruit available today. Though at least it is a pendolino as I think it is booked as a voyager.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
The 08:03 Euston to Birmingham is booked to be a Super Voyager, so I'm guessing it normally wouldn't have a chef, owing to Super Voyagers not having a full kitchen/they only offer the pre-cooked, heated up onboard version of a cooked breakfast, which presumably doesn't need a chef to heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.