• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT FC upgrade/at-seat service

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm just wondering If anyone knows If Virgin will be offering an at-seat service in FC over the Christmas holiday, when it's not a bank holiday/weekend as normal? (i.e 27th-29th December, and the 20-22nd)

Also, will Virgin be offering a special Christmas First £10/15 upgrade like they did during Christmas last year?

It's just that I'll be travelling around sometime before or after Christmas on the VT network, and am in the process of booking trains.

Off topic- Will there be any HSTs or 90's out between the 20th & 30th December?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CallySleeper

Established Member
I'm just wondering If anyone knows If Virgin will be offering an at-seat service in FC over the Christmas holiday, when it's not a bank holiday/weekend as normal? (i.e 27th-29th December, and the 20-22nd)

WC or XC?

Also, will Virgin be offering a special Christmas First £10/15 upgrade like they did during Christmas last year?

Yes

Will there be any HSTs or 90's out between the 20th & 30th December?

HSTs from Monday (10th):

1S41 08.03 Birmingham New Street - Edinburgh
1V72 14.05 Edinburgh - Birmingham New Street

voyagerdude220

Established Member
VXC, but may go on a 390 down to Birmingham for a change, seeing the Trent Valley's closed during some of/ all of Christmas.

I looked on the VT website to see if it says about the First upgrade, but no info was on it last night.

Is the 08:03 HST via the ECML or WCML? I probablly won't make any use of it at all though, as I'll be wanting to leave at around 08:00/09:00, towards Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.