• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT First Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could possibly tell me what is on offer in FC, on the following VT services? :

10:29 Euston to Glasgow C
16:46 Euston to Edinburgh

Also, earlier in the year, I went on a Pendo between Brum & Euston, and the FC hosts came through with a pretty big selection of nice sandwhiches on a trolley.

Does this happen on all off-peak Pendos?

Thanks for any help
PS/ Does the Preston based TM on the 17:15 ex Euston actually check tickets, even though the staff know that you have to show your ticket before you can go on the platform? (It runs non-stop Euston to Warrington)

Edit: Doesn't VT do hot food in the evening any more (apart from Primo), as the menu cards only state "From 11:00" with all day snacks?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Go standard and get a sandwich from Upper Class - err, Upper Crust ;) - and you still save ££££s ;)

As for the 17:15, I am sure they will at least check First Class tickets to ensure that there are no Standard passengers there!

Guinness

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Hi all,

I was wondering if you could possibly tell me what is on offer in FC, on the following VT services? :

Also, earlier in the year, I went on a Pendo between Brum & Euston, and the FC hosts came through with a pretty big selection of nice sandwhiches on a trolley.

Does this happen on all off-peak Pendos?

Thanks for any help
PS/ Does the Preston based TM on the 17:15 ex Euston actually check tickets, even though the staff know that you have to show your ticket before you can go on the platform? (It runs non-stop Euston to Warrington)

Edit: Doesn't VT do hot food in the evening any more (apart from Primo), as the menu cards only state "From 11:00" with all day snacks?

From 11:00 it's all day snacks as you said. Tried the Ham Sandwiches myself which were quite nice. :)

Because your train leaves before 11:00 to Glasgow Central you should get some form of hot meal, it might be an all day breakfast.

I think there is a menu on the Virgin Trains Website. Go to the Pendolino Features Page and it's under First Class. :)

Also why do you want to know where Preston TM check tickets or not? Your not planning to fare dodge are you?

voyagerdude220 said:
Hi all,

10:29 you should get a Breakfast, then bagels etc
16:46 you should get bagels etc

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Chaz said:
From 11:00 it's all day snacks as you said. Tried the Ham Sandwiches myself which were quite nice. :)

Because your train leaves before 11:00 to Glasgow Central you should get some form of hot meal, it might be an all day breakfast.

I think there is a menu on the Virgin Trains Website. Go to the Pendolino Features Page and it's under First Class. :)

Also why do you want to know where Preston TM check tickets or not? Your not planning to fare dodge are you?

Thanks for the prompt replies everyone.

I off course aren't fare dodging (never have never will :D) it's just that I noticed that I never had my ticket checked on a Primo.- There's nothing stopping me purchasing a £7.75 ticket & using it in FC instead of SC if the TM doesn't come round.

I love travelling FC on Pendolinos. Far better than Voyagers by any means (especially with 4 generally quiet FC coaches). I guess SC is just like Voyagers on Pendos? I've never actually been SC on a Pendo before, but been in it en-route to the shop at weekends.

Lewisham2221

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
Thanks for the prompt replies everyone.

I off course aren't fare dodging (never have never will :D) it's just that I noticed that I never had my ticket checked on a Primo.- There's nothing stopping me purchasing a £7.75 ticket & using it in FC instead of SC if the TM doesn't come round.

I love travelling FC on Pendolinos. Far better than Voyagers by any means (especially with 4 generally quiet FC coaches). I guess SC is just like Voyagers on Pendos? I've never actually been SC on a Pendo before, but been in it en-route to the shop at weekends.
Pretty much, except it generally feels a bit more claustrophobic - the windows are smaller, more seats tend to get a view of a plastic panel rather than the outside world and the sloping profile of the coach sides can make it fell a bit cramped if you sit window-side.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Can vouch for that! God knows how long on 390047 returning from Crewe .. seats weren't that great, i had a table but was on the outside row with the other 3 taken up by a grandmother, mother and son playing b*ll*cks music on his crappy phone.... get me out of there I screamed in my head!

Luggage space was overflowing.. would help if they got rid of those stupid leaflet holders which take up half the freakin' space!!!!!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
50149 said:
Can vouch for that! God knows how long on 390047 returning from Crewe .. seats weren't that great, i had a table but was on the outside row with the other 3 taken up by a grandmother, mother and son playing b*ll*cks music on his crappy phone.... get me out of there I screamed in my head!

Luggage space was overflowing.. would help if they got rid of those stupid leaflet holders which take up half the freakin' space!!!!!

None of that happens in FC ;)

Luggage- I noticed that alot en-route to shop on weekend. I did get a bloody good VT bacon roll though. Thing is- I forgot i put my fiver in my other jacket (in coach J, other end of blimmin train!) Did a bit of exercise that time.

About crap mobile music- Quiet Zone coach A i think it is? All i know is FC quiet zone is coach H. Having said that, you don't really need it in FC, because we've got 4 coaches of not alot of pax because there's so many FC coaches :D

The Snap

Established Member
I travel in Virgin FC whenever I go to London - it is very good. There is much more legroom, and bigger seats, compared to Standard. On morning services you are issued with a menu from which you can choose a breakfast meal (ie: full English, vegetarian etc). I understand in mid day and afternoon services sandwiches and salads are available, and in the evening (until 8pm I think), you can have a hot meal from the menu.

In my opinion, First Class is great, and well worth the money. :)

Guinness

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
So Virgin FC is like HST standard ;)

I personally find HST Standard the same as any Voyager Standard or Meridian Standard.

I agree Virgin West Coast First Class is very nice indeed and is the way to travel when going to London better than MML First Class IMO. :)

devon_metro

Established Member
Chaz said:
I personally find HST Standard the same as any Voyager Standard or Meridian Standard.

I agree Virgin West Coast First Class is very nice indeed and is the way to travel when going to London better than MML First Class IMO. :)

You clearly weren't sitting on HST seats... the toilet may compare with Voyagers ;)

Well not that bad...

devon_metro

Established Member
Chaz said:
That's odd I swear I was.....

I'm sure you were. I'm just giving my view on Voyager seats. Not in a argueing mood personally.

Sarcastic be my current mood :p

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Rich said:
I travel in Virgin FC whenever I go to London - it is very good. There is much more legroom, and bigger seats, compared to Standard. On morning services you are issued with a menu from which you can choose a breakfast meal (ie: full English, vegetarian etc). I understand in mid day and afternoon services sandwiches and salads are available, and in the evening (until 8pm I think), you can have a hot meal from the menu.

In my opinion, First Class is great, and well worth the money. :)

Excellent, You sound just like myself then :D

What's all this bullsh*t about bagels being served on Pendos in FC then?

I think i'll book the 16:46 ex Euston, just a shame it won't let me do Primo with the 17:15 again on Value tikits but it will do £15 SC. (Hence TM ticket checks part- no point of him/her doing it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.