• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT : Removal of Value Advance minimum fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumpty

Not sure if you railcard holders were aware, but the £10 minimum fare for Virgin VA tickets has now been removed.

Whether the quota availability will be there for railcard holders compared to undiscounted fares is something else though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
On the subject of VVfares..

Does anyone know If VT does Value first fares on services via Weston-Super-Mare, which are actually available to buy on the first week of August?

17:34 departure north (16:05 Paignton to Newcastle) , 19:09 arrival south? (12:05 Edinburgh to Plymouth via Gloucester & Weston-Super-Mare)

Edit: Anyone want a Value first single between Preston & Wigan for £35 (FDS £7.30), or return for £70, instead of £13.90 FDR?

Buy in advance, for the best offers , including a special 400% increase in your return fare! It's as cheap as chips!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
wumpty said:
Not sure if you railcard holders were aware, but the £10 minimum fare for Virgin VA tickets has now been removed.

Whether the quota availability will be there for railcard holders compared to undiscounted fares is something else though.

I noticed that fares for Slough - Carlisle on the VT website were showing £13 (each way) something.. NRE showed £10.55... I went through the stages on the NRE website etc etc and sure enough I managed to book £10.55 singles to carlisle and back ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.