• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT Reservation and Booked Traction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson

Hi all,
I'm currently at Glasgow Central station on my way home, and I can't help but notice that the 1600 Virgin service (to Birmingham) is a Voyager. I will be travelling on this train next Friday on a 1st Advance ticket, but my reservation is in coach J, which suggests to me that it should be a Pendolino.

Anyone know better than me what to expect/whether I should get my reservation checked?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
That probably is a Pendolino (the other option is a double 221, but J on those services is standard class).

RTT agrees that it should be a Pendolino on Friday 13 September.

Looking into it further, it seems that this service is booked to be a Voyager throughout the summer, switching back to a Pendolino next week. I presume this is because the Pendo is needed somewhere else during the summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.