• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VT Ticket checks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Just had my ticket checked in First on departure from Stafford on a LIV to EUS service. It was not the train manager. It was a lady on her own wearing something of a Virgin uniform but with her own black cardigan on. Do VT have their own Revenue Protection on board now?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You sure it wasn't a member of their catering team? I've sometimes had them look at tickets before giving out freebies

Donachie

Just had my ticket checked in First on departure from Stafford on a LIV to EUS service. It was not the train manager. It was a lady on her own wearing something of a Virgin uniform but with her own black cardigan on. Do VT have their own Revenue Protection on board now?

VT have had RP staff for a couple of years now, often 2 of them on early morning departures from Preston on Southbound services.

gray1404

Established Member
You sure it wasn't a member of their catering team? I've sometimes had them look at tickets before giving out freebies

100% sure it wasn't.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
VT have had RP staff for a couple of years now, often 2 of them on early morning departures from Preston on Southbound services.

Might have been one of them then. This lady was on her own but a coworker could have been elsewhere on the train.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

They could do with a few more of them in particular joining anglo Scottish trains at Warrington checking the whole train then alighting at Lancaster/Oxenholme.

Status
Not open for further replies.